Having fun in Portland doesn’t have to cost a lot a money. In fact, it can cost nothing at all! Whether you are on a budget, or just love a good deal, getting out and enjoying the city shouldn’t give you spenders remorse. Which is why we have compiled a list of FREE things to do in Portland!
1. Concerts in the Park– A tradition for over 110 years hosted by Portland Parks and Recreation provides concerts and entertainment for all ages to enjoy, all throughout the summer.
2. Swimming – Several of the outdoor public pools in Portland have hours where anyone can cool off without paying an admission fee. Check out all the locations, and stay cool this summer.
3. Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden– With over 2,500 rhododendron, azaleas, companion plants and wild life, the garden is a site to see. Every Monday there is no admission fee, and children under 12 are free every day of the week.
4. Shakespeare in the Parks – Take in A Midsummer Night’s Dream brought to you by the Portland Actors Ensemble. Starting July 26th and going through September 1st, there are free shows all over Portland, and all ages are welcome to come and enjoy.
5. Washington Park Summer Festival – See three full nights of free music, dance and park take in hands-on art activities among the roses at the International Rose Test Garden Amphitheater.
6. Mills End Park-Located in the median on Southwest Naito Parkway and Taylor Street and just measuring in at 24 inches in diameter, this is the world’s smallest park. Even better, it is around the corner from USAgencies Credit Union! Visit the park, and stop in and say Hi!
7. Powell’s City of Book’s – Get a coffee, grab your map and begin cruising the aisles at the largest independent new and used bookstore in the world.
8. Portland Festival Symphony– From Vivaldi through Mozart to Beethoven, the Portland Festival Symphony is bringing live art to your favorite neighborhood parks all summer long.
9. Alberta Street Fair– The 21st Annual Alberta Street Fair is Saturday August 11th with activities and events showcasing the best of the Alberta Street community. Head over for a day full of fun and sun!
10, Adult Soapbox Derby – Once a year a brave group of racers come together at Mt. Tabor to race down a closed course in hand-built cars. Since this event is fast moving, be sure to check out their event page for their safety tips to keep everyone safe.
Don’t forget that visiting your Credit Union is free too! We are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30am – 5pm, and Wednesdays from 10:00am – 5:00pm. Bring a friend with you, and when they open their membership, you can each earn $25!*
*To qualify for $25, new member must be 18 years or older, and must add a checking account, monthly direct deposit (at least $250), online banking and eStatements within 60 days of joining, and account must be in good standing. New member must meet requirements for referring member to qualify for $25 bonus. Referring member must also be in good standing at time of bonus. No limit to number of referrals member can make. $25 will be deposited into savings account on first business day of the month, 60 days from account opening (if qualifications are met). Earnings reported on form 1099-INT as required. Program may change or cancel without notice.