USAgencies is pleased to announce our newest member benefit – GreenPath Financial Wellness.
As a valued member of USAgencies, we are committed to serving you. And as a benefit to you, we are providing you with free access to money management and financial education services.
USAgencies has teamed up with GreenPath to bring you GreenPath Financial Wellness, a financial education and counseling program. Through comprehensive education and exceptional service, GreenPath has been assisting individuals for more than 50 years.
As a member of USAgencies, you can receive assistance from GreenPath with:
- Personal and family budgeting
- Understanding your personal credit report and how to improve your score
- Personal money management
- Debt repayment (fees may apply)
- Avoiding bankruptcy, foreclosure, and repossession
GreenPath can give personalized answers to your individual needs. For issues ranging from developing a proactive savings plan to preventing home foreclosure, advice is only a phone call or click away.
To learn more about this new service, simply call 1-877-337-3399 or visit USACU.org/education.
NEW! 24/7 Loan Approvals*
Because we know it’s not always convenient to apply for a loan when we’re in the office, USAgencies Credit Union now offers loan approvals anytime via our 24-hour Lending Center!
Connect 24/7 by calling 503.275.0300 (opt. 2) or toll-free at 800.452.0915 (opt. 2) for loan approvals that are quick, easy and convenient.
*24-hour approvals available for consumer loans only. Approvals not guaranteed and subject to credit review.
Smart Savings on Already Low Rates
Now through October 31st, purchase a vehicle with Enterprise Car Sales and finance with USAgencies Credit Union, and get 1.00% APR* off your qualifying rate!
PLUS–finance an Enterprise vehicle with us during our sale and we’ll donate 2 Book Packs to SMART (Start Making a Reader Today). That’s enough books for two children to complete one year in their program!
Want to do more even more for SMART?
We’re also holding a matching funds drive–Make a donation to our fundraiser and we’ll match it, up to $1,000!** Donate online, in-person, or over the phone.
To learn more about this sale and other ways to give to SMART, visit USACU.ORG/CARSALE
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. 1.00% discounted rate is offered to qualified USAgencies Credit Union members by USAgencies Credit Union. Eligible members will receive 1.00% off qualifying rate, to as low as 1.24 % APR (including eStatement enrollment discount, SmartWay vehicle discount and Direct Deposit discount). Offer valid for terms up to 72 months. Current rate will vary based on credit worthiness and terms. Financing for qualified USAgencies Credit Union members only. Offer valid only on Enterprise Car Sales vehicles purchased from 9/15/17 – 10/31/17. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. The “e” logo, Enterprise and “Haggle-free buying. Worry-free ownership.” are trademarks of Enterprise Holdings, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2014 Enterprise Car Sales. F00308 EW DI 8/14 DB.
**$1,000 matching cap includes Book Pack donations as well.
As you are probably aware, Equifax was recently impacted by a cyber-security attack that touched approximately 143 million U.S. Consumers, and occurred between mid-May and July 2017. The information accessed primarily included names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses, driver’s license numbers, and credit card information.
It may feel disconcerting that an agency that stores so much information on consumers, and that is supposed to keep our credit information safe, was hacked. But there are things you can do in the wake of this attack to help protect your information from being misused.
Steps you should take to be proactive about protecting your identity:
- First, check to see if your information was impacted by visiting https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/potential-impact/. (Make sure you’re on a secure computer with an encrypted network connection when you do.) The site will let you know if you’ve potentially been affected by this breach.
- Stay up to date on the latest news from Equifax, and any breach-related info at equifaxsecurity2017.com.
- If you have an account with Equifax, change the password for it immediately.
- Sign up for credit monitoring services. Equifax has information on their site about enrolling for a free year of credit monitoring services. You can enroll for this service through Nov. 21st, whether your information was impacted, or not.
Other things you may want to consider, to help keep your information secure:
- Apply a credit freeze on your files, which can make it more difficult for someone to open new accounts in your name.
- Monitor credit card and financial institution accounts. An easy way to do this at USAgencies is to set up account alerts, inside Online Banking. If any unusual activity occurs, you are quickly notified via text or email.
- File your taxes early so that fraudsters won’t be able to use your personal information to get a tax refund.
- Watch out for phishing scams in the wake of the breach. Be wary of calls or emails from anyone claiming to be an Equifax agent. Legitimate Equifax representatives will not contact you to verify your info.
- Add a password to your accounts that only you know. At USAgencies, we always ask you identifying questions before providing you with any information about your account. If you have an additional password, we’ll ask for it, providing you with another level of security.
- Visit the Security section on our website. We have helpful information about how to safeguard your financial information, as well as info on the latest security alerts.
- Complete our Identity Protection module, via QuickStudy, one of the many free financial education tools you have available to you as a USACU member.
For additional steps you can take to protect yourself, visit Identitytheft.gov/databreach.
At USAgencies Credit Union, we want to help make sure your information is safe and secure. Please contact us with any questions about how you can best protect your personal information and accounts.
Perhaps you’ve heard a thing or two about a total solar eclipse scheduled to make landfall in Oregon on August 21st, 2017? We thought so. It’s big news!
Here’s what nationaleclipse.com has to say about this historic event:
On August 21, 2017, America will be treated to its first coast-to-coast total solar eclipse in nearly 100 years. It will also be the first total eclipse exclusive to the U.S. since before the nation’s founding in 1776. From Oregon to South Carolina, the eclipse will trace a 67-mile-wide path of totality across the country and millions of Americans will witness a once-in-a-lifetime event as the Moon passes between the Earth and the Sun and day turns to night for up to almost three minutes.
To celebrate this event, and to allow our staff to view this once-in-a-lifetime phenomenon, USAgencies will be closed from 10-11am PST on August 21st. We’ll be back promptly at 11am to help with all of your account needs, and to tell you all about the eclipse experience!
Of course you can access your accounts anytime via Online or Mobile Banking too. Have questions about getting these set up? Connect with us.
More on the eclipse:
**UPDATE (6/7/17, 10am PST)–Phones are back up! Thanks for your patience as we worked to restore service.**
Please note: USAgencies’ phones are currently down and we are working to swiftly resolve the issue.
If you need to reach us in the meantime, you can email email@example.com. Mobile & Online Banking are still available.
We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you informed of any updates.
USAgencies’ scheduled maintenance is currently underway (until 8am, May 15, PST). Access is now available for:
- Mobile Banking
- Online Banking
- Bill Pay
PLEASE NOTE: Debit card purchases made during our system update will not be reflected until 8am (PST) on May 15th. Shared Branch & Remote Deposit will also not be available until 8am (PST) on May 15th as well. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience during this maintenance window.