A brand-new year often inspires positive life changes, such as breaking free of debt. One way to help eliminate debt is by consolidating it into a lower interest rate loan, like USACU’s Slim-Down loan, for example.
Here are 7 reasons you might want to consider a loan consolidation:
- Save $$. By consolidating higher interest debt (like credit cards) with a lower interest rate loan, you could potentially save hundreds of dollars over the life of your loan. Wait, hundreds? Yes, hundreds! That’s at least worth looking into right?
- Save even more $$! Shave 2% off USACU’s already-low consolidation loan rates when you apply for our Slim-Down loan before February 17th. With rates as low as 6.99% APR* and amounts up to $10,000, we make it easy to save even more $$. Plus, for a limited time, there’s no origination fee – even better!
- It’s Easy. It couldn’t be more convenient to consolidate debt with help from USACU. Call or click today and we’ll help you get started in just a few quick steps.
- One Payment. Instead of several credit card bills and loan statements, you’ll just have to make one loan payment. Easy, right? We like easy.
- Pay Debts Faster. A lower interest rate means you could potentially pay your debt down much faster, because you’ll have less debt to pay down overall. Also, with just one payment–instead of multiple minimum payments–you could chip away at that debt by easily making more than the minimum payment each month.
- Improve Cash Flow. If your goal is more cash in your wallet at the end of the month, a consolidation loan can help with that too. By making only one payment, instead of several, you could give yourself a bit more of a cash cushion each month.
- Prepay and Save. Get a large chunk of cash after you consolidated your debt? Great! You can prepay your loan at any time with us, with no prepayment penalty or fee. Some loans or credit cards charge when you pay off early- USACU won’t.
There are of course many more reasons a consolidation loan might be the right choice for you… these are just a few!
Whatever your aspirations are for the new year–be it debt consolidation, getting a better auto loan rate, or anything in between–know that your credit union is always here to help with education, resources and products to help you reach your financial goals.
*APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Terms and conditions apply. Connect with us for complete details.
Contact our lending department:
Local: (503) 275-0300, ext. 2
Toll-free: (800) 452-0915, ext. 2
Ready to apply for a consolidation loan?
Click here (Hint: you want to select “Signature” under “Personal Loans” when applying)