The summer months bring sunshine, warm nights, and backyard fun + higher energy bills. Cut your costs with a few simple changes around your home.
- REPLACE YOUR OUTDATED AIR CONDITIONING UNIT. If you live in a home that’s over 20 years old, it may be time to consider purchasing a new, more energy efficient unit.
- ALTERNATIVE METHODS OF COOKING. Consider using your microwave or grilling outdoors. If you do need to use your oven, consider baking in the morning hours rather than in the heat of the day.
- AUTOMATE YOUR THERMOSTAT. Install a programmable thermostat to keep your home warmer during the day when you’re away at work.
- BLOCK OUT THE HOT SUN. During times of the day when the sun is at its hottest, pull your window treatments closed to block out warm rays.
- GIVE YOUR AIR CONDITIONING A BREAK. Cool your space down for less money with the use of oscillating room and ceiling fans.
- TAKE COOLER, SHORTER SHOWERS. Decrease the duration of showers to save on your hot water usage and consider installing a tankless water heater.
Need help with making some of these energy improvements? Connect with USAgencies for details on our Home Equity Loans – LOANS@USACU.ORG | (503) 275-0300 option 2.
News and Events happening at USACU